When the airway to the lungs narrows and swells to produce extra mucous, then breathing becomes very difficult. This condition is termed as Asthma. It can then go on to trigger coughing, wheezing and can create shortness of breath making it extremely difficult for patients. Asthma can be effectively resolved in Siddha medical system.
Normal Symptoms of Asthma
- Unable to breath or shortness of breath
- A feeling of tightness in the chest
- Pain in the chest
- Wheezing when breathing. A whistling sound is produced while breathing.
- Wheezing becomes more when common cold or flu catches
Worsening Symptoms of Asthma
- The symptoms mentioned above becoming more often and frequent only to bother the patient of their regular routines.
- Sometimes there might be a sudden flare up of asthma condition due to change in weather, coming in contact with dust or mold, inhaling dandruff from pet animals, inhaling chemical fumes from place of work or nearby polluting factories, etc.
What causes Asthma?
- Particles like pollen, mold, spores, dander, dust, etc that are air borne.
- Common cold and flu
- Cold air or drop in temperature (weather fluctuations)
- Smoke, smog or other pollutants in the air
- Stress factor and being in a state of depression
- Some medications
- Some food allergies
- Acid reflux also called GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)